Sunday, June 3, 2007

June comes Crashing In!


I am sorry it has been 2 days since my last post. Things have gotten crazy recently. I started with the launch of my personalized medicine practice. We are busy dotting the i's and crossing the t's. We have a truly "flat" organization and are able to grow at a moment's notice. This is great news for the patients! Several things are happening in this week and I want to share all of them with you.



  1. My wife, daughter and myself were involved in a car crash. I want to remind everyone to please wear your seat belts. If you have children please make sure they are in the appropriate car seat for their age. These simple things allowed us to walk away unharmed. Sometimes it is all about the prevention.

  2. At Brown University there is a conference being held, Frontiers of Medicine. My team from Helix Health of Connecticut will be up there listening to notable speakers, including Dr. Francis Collins. I look forward to him accepting a position on our scientific advisory board.

  3. Hsien has posted on a subject I feel very passionate about, predictive, preventative medicine. If PTC-124 works out the way everyone feels it will, then we are looking at adjusting environment to avoid disease. I think this is precisely why the co-funding at NHGRI and NIEHS is so important. Because once we find predisposition we need to find out all the environmental effects. Otherwise we just know you are at risk.
  4. Lastly, the Gene Genie is coming. I would like to thank Hsien for hosting this month's edition and Berci for motivating me to post. Have a look at Eye on DNA!


The Sherpa Says: Buckle up. June is gonna be one heck of a ride!

No comments: